The 'Rents Winter Heat Hot Sauce

I've posted a couple of the hot sauces that I've cooked up here in the past, and I'm just about out here in my Florida kitchen. Between sharing them with friends, and using them liberally on sandwiches and in my (occasional) cooking, I'm down to my last jar. I should say, the sauces age well - even after a year in the cupboard, the flavors have become more complex, and the heat has increased as well.
So running dangerously low has had me keeping an eye out for some good hot peppers, preferably organic and local. My searching was unsuccessful however, and I've just been milking this last jar for as long as I could. Alas, my visiting parents came across a hot pepper score at the local flea market, and brought me a bunch home. They brought back a high-powered BTU bunch, which I think included habaneros, serranos, thai chiles, and some jalepenos. I decided to just go simple with this sauce:

Blend all peppers together
Add ~1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
Add ~2 tblsp honey (I used local palmetto honey)

Once blended into a liquid, cook on low heat for about 20 minutes. Jar it up, and let it sit for a while - a couple weeks at least, then share and enjoy!

Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful looking hot sauce. I've got some tempeh...sounds like a match made in heaven.
BTreotch said…
you save me some of that (so I can dip my balls in it) ?