Sweet and Sour Stirfry

I haven't posted on cooking in a while, and that's largely because I've been living on sandwiches and Amy's frozen meals. Well I finally had a few things in the fridge that I wanted to use up, and decided to put something together - a pepper and onion sweet and sour stirfry. I've had some trouble in the past finding a good balance between the sweet and sour, but this one turned out pretty good. The tamari and pineapple juice complement each other fairly well, and the chili flakes add a nice bit of spiciness. If I had some, I would have added some tofu. Here's the recipe:

2 medium carrots
2 green peppers
2 small yellow onions
garlic to your taste (I like to use a lot)
1/2 cup chopped pineapple
6-8 oz pineapple juice
1/4 cup tamari
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp red chili flakes

Start by cooking the chopped carrots over medium-high heat for about 1-2 minutes. Add onion, garlic and peppers, cook for 5-7 minutes. Add pineapple, juice and tamari, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add cilantro and chili flakes, cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat, serve over rice.

Comments

Unknown said…
Welcome back...I'm not much for sweet and sour although pineapple juice and tamari sound good together.
d00g said…
Hey thanks!

and yeah, the pineapple and tamari do work well together - and besides the tofu, i would have also added some ginger - essential - whoops.

still pretty good though, and really simple!