The Devil Lives in Florida Hot Sauce!!!

Alright... this is bound to be a hot sauce that throws some real heat out there. This is almost all hot peppers, and to add a touch of Florida, I threw in the meat of a big old locally grown mango. Again, I'm letting it sit for a few weeks before I give it a try, but I already have the first jar out to friends, so I'm hoping for some other opinions too...
Here's what I did to make it:
I had a bunch of garlic, 4 habaneros, 4 red jalapenos, 5 cayennes, 3 long red hots, and 1 hot red pepper. I used about 1/3 of a cup of organic balsamic, the meat of that mango sitting there, and blended it all together. Once it was well blended, I cooked it on low heat for about 30 minutes, after which I jarred it. Really, this was a simple one, but sometimes simplicity leads to the tastiest stuff. I can't wait to give this one a try. Just taking a little dip o' the finger while it was cooking, and my tongue was on fire. And you know... living down here in the sunshine state, I sometimes think the devil really is incarnate here - he/she could be any number of folks i've run into down here in the last couple of years. Maybe he's all of them!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Only folks related to the Jersey Devil can make a sauce this hot!
Anonymous said…
How much would recommend adding to a dish - say for a serving of 4?
d00g said…
Well... I just tried this one, and it is hot! As far as adding it to a dish, it really depends on how much heat you like - or how much your guests like. It can be added at serving to taste - otherwise go light at first, and increase until it reaches a heat to your liking...