Pasta and Veggies!

This dish is comprised of two parts: a penne pasta with a simple tomato, mushroom, and garlic sauce, alongside oven-baked vegetables, which included red and sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, garlic, and red and yellow peppers. It was all pretty basic and simple, but with just the right amount of flavor to keep it interesting. For the pasta dish, I used one small diced sweet onion, a handful of sliced baby portabella mushrooms, and a chopped tomato, along with a bunch of rough chopped garlic.
Start the onion and garlic in the pan, and cook for about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and tomato, and let it cook for another 4 minutes or so. When it's finished, add it to the pasta. I finished it off with about 2 tsp of sesame oil, which gave it a little bit of an Asian flavor, which worked well with the mushrooms.
While I was making all of that, I had the veggies in the oven baking. I started them in a covered pot with a mixture of olive oil, hot sauce, and braggs (or soy sauce). I took it out every 10 minutes or so, and stirred it up, and after about 45 minutes, I put it on some foil, topped it with poppy seeds and Parmesan cheese, and baked it for another 12 minutes or so. Served together with the penne dish, and I had myself a nice dinner, and a couple of lunches for the week. Yum...

Comments

Anonymous said…
i love how you take a simple dish and make it into something unique.
thanks for the idea!
Anonymous said…
I will definitely have to try the veggies! I like the mix of taters - and finishing it off with the cheese and poppy seeds...