Guacamole, Ginger-Baked Tofu & Corn on the Cob

A simple, but diverse dinner here, with a small bowl of guacamole, some baked tofu topped with a peanut-soy-garlic-ginger mix, a cob of corn, and a few spears of asparagus. And that's a glass of homemade green & sage tea. And really, this was a simple meal to put together. While I was boiling the corn, I steamed the asparagus on top of the pot at the same time. A slab or two of butter on top, and these were ready to go. The baked tofu is a little more complicate, but remains one of my favorite ways to enjoy this soy product. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup of peaunut butter, 1/2 cup warm water, a few cloves of chopped garlic, 2 tablespoons of Braggs (or soy sauce) until mixed well. Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch slabs, place on a baking sheet, and spread the mixture on top evenly. Bake this for about 10-15 minutes (I do it in my toaster oven), or until some of the sauce is sizzling. Next, take a sauce (I have used various barbeque sauces in the past, but for this one, I used the Ginger People's Ginger Jerk Sauce), and pour liberally over the all of the tofu, and bake for another 5-7 minutes. That will be ready to go.
And finally, the guacamole. This is super simple. One avocado, the juice from half a lime, and a tablespoon (or two) of your favorite hot sauce or salsa (I used the "Florida Heat" hot sauce that I have posted previously here) and a few dashes of salt. With a fork, mix and smooth the ingredients together, and voila - a simple, but yummy guac.

Comments