Stuffed Peppers & more Brussel Sprouts

Back to the cooking.... With the market coming up, I needed to use a few things in the fridge so that I could restock, and I came up with a nice two course meal. Dish one was caraway-dill brussel sprouts over pasta spirals. I started with a quick and easy veggie broth which I make by dicing onion, garlic, celery, and carrots, cooking them until soft, adding spices to taste (oregano, basil, cumin, or in this case some caraway), then adding water and letting it simmer for 10 minutes or so. After getting the broth going, I cooked up another onion and some more garlic in a fry pan, and added the brussel sprouts, dill, and more caraway, and let it cook for a few minutes, finishing it up by adding the broth and letting it cook for about 15 minutes until the brussel sprouts were done. I served it mixed with some left-over pasta spirals.
Dish two was Provençal-style stuffed peppers. Here I cooked baby portabellas, red onion, garlic, and zucchini, for about 5-10 minutes, added two chopped tomatoes and some basil, and cooked for another 5 minutes or so. I used this as a filling in 6 halved red and green peppers that I first blanched for about 3 minutes. I baked the filled peppers, covered for about 20 minutes, then topped them with shredded cheddar and fresh basil, and baked them five minutes more. Served and enjoyed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's always surprising what the things in the fridge, the things that you were not planning on making a meal from turn out to be.

Great looking dish
Unknown said…
you're making me hungry. seriously. yum! looks great!